Here are the key topics that would be covered.
FSSAI registration is a crucial step for any institution in India looking to sell food commercially.
- What is FSSAI License and Registration?
- About the FSSAI Registration and License Issuing authority
- What documents do you need to apply for an FSSAI Registration?
- How to get an FSSAI License?
- Checking FSSAI Registration application status
- Types of FSSAI Licenses
- Cost of an FSSAI License
- Validity of an FSSAI License
- Steps for renewal of the FSSAI License
- Why restaurants need an FSSAI License? (Benefits and legal aspects)
- Other licenses you need to have at your restaurant
- Frequently asked questions around the FSSAI License and registration
Food product testing is extremely important and necessary, to ensure that the food is free of physical, chemical and biological hazards. Hazardous food contamination can include but is not limited to heavy metals, preservatives, pesticides and many types of bacteria.
What is food testing?
Food product testing is the scientific analysis of food and its contents. It is done to provide information about various characteristics of food, including the structure, composition, and physicochemical properties. Food product testing is also performed for other reasons:
Reducing the risk of foodborne illness for consumers is the primary focus of the Fogiene Sciences. One in five Indians get a foodborne illness each year. As a NABL Lab dedicated to food safety, we can support consumers with actions they can take to reduce cross-contamination and to handle food in a way that helps them manage risk of germs.
Food waste is food that is discarded or lost uneaten. Sometimes in food safety education we encourage food to be discarded uneaten if it can pose a health risk to a consumer. Food waste is a huge challenge to our natural resources, our environment, and our pocketbooks.